A Podcast to inspire and motivate women in midlife! Let's Calm the Chaos in our lives so we can go after our purpose and passion!
If you have a story you’d like to share with our listeners, please contact me.
Subscribe Now and Never Miss an Episode!
Recently, I had the pleasure of connecting over Zoom to speak with Rachel Greene about her journey finding Pilates! She was sitting in Bali with an amazing backdrop of open blue skies and a beautiful beach while I was in Seattle experiencing a dreary rainy morning! I was imagining her life in that beautiful scene as she shared her afternoon plans for getting out in the sunshine!
In our conversation, Rachel shares how she found Pilates as a result of having issues with her ballet practice and finding that it was scoliosis and needing a different form of exercise due to consistent back pain. It’s now her passion to share with others how they can treat imbalances in the body which contribute to back, neck and hip pain. Rachel has been teaching Pilates for over twenty years.
Rachel’s journey began in North Carolina but was offered a job within a studio in Bali and jumped at the opportunity! She shares what that transition looked like for her and how she developed a relationship with her host family and ultimately stayed in Bali to teach. She has now been teaching in Bali for twelve years and expanded her teaching to online so she can reach more people and impact more lives. Her online practice, Just Breathe is an active lifestyle brand offering Pilates programming, luxe fitness accessories and healthy inspiration!
Rachel begins by working her client’s through safe sequences so they can let their mind relax and let go of the pain that can be deep down in the nervous system. Her overall mission is to help the client move safely and enjoy their practice!
During our conversation Rachel leaves us with a challenge and encourages each of us to find a movement that we enjoy and embrace it!
As a woman in midlife who’s struggled with a back issue I appreciate Rachel’s approach in making sure her clients get the proper technique and training either in person or online. I find that when I’m moving consistently, there are less issues with my back.
Have you tried Pilates? Either on a mat or reformer? I’d love to hear your experiences and if you’ve adopted it for your part of your movement practice!
Patty Bonsera, CFEI, is a former Securities Trader who became a Financial Wellness Advisor to support women 40+. In an industry built for men, she founded Fear.less Girl Financial as a better way to help midlife women feel confident and beautiful about their finances and to celebrate midlife with soulful abundance. She will coach you, teach you, and celebrate with you every step of the way.
What You’ll Learn:
- Was 2020 a wake up call for estate planning?
- Estate planning is a comprehensive financial plan
- Patty shares scenarios on a smooth transition of an estate vs. a not so smooth
- Revocable trust vs. non revocable
- How to approach the topic of estate planning with your partner
- Start an annual financial summit
- How to pick the right person to help you with your estate plan
- How to engage with patty
- Patty’s morning routine
- The Midlife Cate is coming soon!
Paula is a former organizational development practitioner, with over 20 years experience in corporate training, leadership development, and coaching. She earned a graduate degree in Counseling Psychology with a cognate in Theology from the University of Denver. Paula’s expertise includes Reality-Based Leadership, Crucial Conversations, and Contemplative Leadership.
As a board-certified coach, an ordained ministerial counselor, and a certified Focusing guide, Paula brings a wealth of expertise and understanding to her work.
In her study of transpersonal and nondual psychology, Paula discovered how the practice of Focusing freed her of being identified with the ego, allowing her to live more consistently from a state characterized by wisdom and grace. This is why Paula shares this practice with others, so that they may also experience a transformed way of being
What You’ll Learn:
- How Covid came along and changed Paula’s plan
- Paula focuses on spiritual training and development for leader and people who are spiritual seekers who are looking to dissolve their ego and live from a higher level of consciousness
- How Focusing works, an example and what to expect
- Examples of how focusing has helped people
- What Paula has learned about herself through her journey
- How can you connect with Paula
- How does Paula calm the chaos
- Paula’s challenge for the listeners
Jennifer Louden is a personal growth pioneer who helped launch the concept of self-care with her 1992 bestselling debut book The Woman’s Comfort Book. She is the author of six additional books, including The Woman’s Retreat Book, The Life Organizer, and her newest release, Why Bother? She appeared on a number of television and radio shows and podcasts—including The Oprah Winfrey Show. As an entrepreneur and educator, Jennifer has offered women’s retreats for over 25 years. She lives in Boulder County, Colorado.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why Bother is a discernment question. It’s not one to get “right”
- Asking ourselves Why Bother brings us into the present moment!
- Why Jennifer wrote the companion Journal to the book
- Jennifer shares her expectations for her book Why Bother and the realities.
- This is your life and you get to choose!
- There are two doorways to Why Bother: Self Compassion and Wonder
- Jennifer’s challenge to the listeners
- What’s next for Jennifer? A business mastermind!
- It’s never too late to do the inner work for yourself!
Connect with Jennifer here
Jennifer’s conversation with Deborah in April 2020 here
Connect with Deborah for Coaching here
The mid life Quiz here
Maggie Smith is the award-winning author of several books of poetry including Good Bones, The Well Speaks of Its Own Poison, and Lamp of the Body. A 2011 recipient of a Creative Writing Fellowship from the National Endowment for the Arts, Smith has also received several Individual Excellence Awards from the Ohio Arts Council, two Academy of American Poets Prizes, a Pushcart Prize, and fellowships from the Sustainable Arts Foundation and the Virginia Center for the Creative Arts. She has been widely published, appearing in The New York Times, Tin House, The Gettysburg Review, The Southern Review, and more.
What You’ll Learn:
- Every ending is also a beginning
- How a “note to self” each day on Instagram turned into a book
- All of us are in a “what’s next” place
- What helps Maggie go to that still and quiet space
- Feel the loss and the space. Think: I get to rebuild something here
- Our thoughts create our reality
- We do not get to choose the circumstance
- How Maggie felt while writing her book
- Going through a divorce forced Maggie to go back and look at her life
- What actions can we be taking now on behalf of our future self
- Maggie’s challenge to the listeners!
Denise Is the Creator or The Use Your Cycle Method and Founder of The Menopause Project
She has been a Personal Trainer for 18+ years and Hormone Specialist for the last 6 Specializing in Peri and Menopause
Denise started working with women over 40 #BecauseMenopauseDoesntHaveToSuck
and not enough of us are talking about it.
It’s her belief that with a few simple lifestyle tweaks we can continue to be vibrant, vital members of society
What You’ll Learn:
- Why some women are reluctant to start a conversation surrounding menopause
- Your hormones are about so much more than having babies!
- What prompts people to reach out to Denise for her services
- Each half of the month we are ruled by Estrogen or Progesterone
- How do we amplify our hormones when we need to for ourselves?
- What’s causing those night sweats, hot flashing and how to eliminate
- The difference between a man and woman’s cycle. How to manage in your favor!
- Lean in to what your body wants while still making gains!
- Success stories with her clients
- How we can support our hormones
- Stress and Cortisol. The Tiger is chasing you!
- Advice to our daughters now!
- Denise’s challenge to the listener
Connect with Denise here on Facebook
Connect with Denise here on Instagram
Denise’s YouTube Channel here
Connect with Deborah for coaching here
Take the mid life Quiz here