A Podcast to inspire and motivate women in midlife! Let's Calm the Chaos in our lives so we can go after our purpose and passion!
If you have a story you’d like to share with our listeners, please contact me.
Subscribe Now and Never Miss an Episode!
Denise Bustard is the creator of Sweet Peas and Saffron, a meal prep-focused food blog. With a PhD in biochemistry, Denise takes a scientific approach to perfecting her recipes. You can find Denise’s work featured on Huffington Post, MSN, Self and more.
What You’ll Learn:
- Denise started the blog as a hobby and now runs the website full time
- The value of meal prep in calming the chaos!
- Most popular recipes on the website!
Seven Different Stir Fry Recipes
Twenty-four Lunches for the freezer
- Tips for Freezing
- How Denise calms the chaos in her life!
- Her challenge for the listeners
Sweet Peas and Saffron Website here
Sweet Peas and Saffron YouTube Channel here
Deborah’s Pinterest here
Deborah’s Website for Life Coaching here
Book an exploratory session here
Enjoy the show? Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, I Heart Radio and Apple Podcast.
Please Rate, Review and Subscribe to the show!
Listen to more episodes here.
Dr. Christina is an online life coach who utilizes her clinical psychology education + wellness practices to help high achieving, ambitious women learn to take better care of themselves, obtain internal peace and live the life they truly desire. Dr. Christina lives in beautiful Central Oregon with her husband and two fun loving toddlers.
What You’ll Learn:
- Values, What is your Northstar?
- What are your basic needs?
- What’s in your bank account and where are you getting your deposits and depletions?
- How do we dim our light?
- What are your moments that matter?
- Find the “gems” in your day
- Christina Cruz Website here
- Rick Hanson Book Resilient here
Rachel Anne Ridge is an author, professional artist, and speaker in Texas. Together with her husband Tom, she bootstrapped her way through the Great Recession, raised a family, and rediscovered her purpose in the midst of the everyday juggle of life. Her books, Flash, The Homeless Donkey Who Taught Me About Life, Faith, and Second Chances, and Walking with Henry are inspired by the stray donkeys (yes, donkeys) who interrupted her juggling act and revealed how ordinary (and sometimes hilarious) events help us find our higher purpose and deeper faith. Rachel is mom to three adult children and Nana to five littles.
What You’ll Learn:
- How Rachel made a pivot in mid-life and published her first book at 50 years old!
- The day a donkey showed up on Rachel’s doorstep!
- Rachel’s journey to become an author
- Exploring Creativity and Desire
- Facing her fears of public speaking
- Saying YES! Which opens more doors!!
- Rachel’s challenge to the listeners
Rachel Anne Ridge Website here
Deborah Voll Life Coaching website here
Morning Pages Julia Cameron’s book The Artist’s Way here
Laura Valenti began her career in law, supporting women who were victims of trafficking into prostitution or domestic violence. Over two decades, she trained formally and informally in many modalities including contemporary shamanic practice, the Andean Cosmology, Physical Theatre, Clowning, Laughter Yoga and Polarity Therapy.
In her travels to California, Peru, Ecuador, and the UK she had the opportunity to share her work with many individuals from all over the world, including vulnerable adults, people in drug and alcohol rehabilitation and indigenous communities.
She is a certified Movement Medicine dance teacher and facilitator. She completed 4 Advanced pieces of training of the School of Movement Medicine: 1: Heart and SEER – Systemic Essential Energy Retrieval, 2: Ritual, 3: Soul Retrieval, 4: Initiation – dancing with life cycles: from birth to death.
She is also a qualified sound & voice therapist and certified coach. She is currently completing a CPD course on somatic coaching and trauma-informed coaching practice.
Laura was born in Italy, where she learnt about good food and hospitality, colourful swearing and native ancient forms of ecstatic dance. She overcame many challenges, from losing her mum at a very young age to depression, drug and alcohol addiction, abusive relationships and cancer. She lives in Spain with her partner, still loves cooking and eating and dedicates her life to healing and creatively transforming suffering.
What You’ll Learn
- The background of Movement Medicine
- How movement medicine helps us to connect with ourselves, others and nature
- How Laura became interested in movement medicine
- What does a class look like as a participant
- We need to start listening with self inquiry
- How to work with Laura 1:1
- What is Somatic Coaching
- How Laura calms the chaos in her life
- Laura’s challenge for the listeners!
Laura’s website Elemental Soul Medicine here
Work Deborah on your next chapter here for 1:1 Life Coaching
Enjoy the show?
JENNIFER LOUDEN is a personal growth pioneer who helped launch the concept of self-care with her first bestseller, The Woman’s Comfort Book. Since then, she’s written six additional books on wellbeing and whole living, including The Woman’s Retreat Book and The Life Organizer, with close to a million copies of her books in print in nine languages. Jennifer has spoken around the U.S., Canada, and Europe, and has written a national magazine column for a Martha Stewart magazine. Plus, she’s been profiled or quoted in dozens of major magazines; two of Brené Brown’s books, Daring Greatly and Dare to Lead; and has appeared on hundreds of TVprograms, radio shows, and podcasts—even on Oprah. Jennifer has been teaching women’s retreats since 1992 and creating vibrant online communities and innovative learning experiences since 1999. She writes weekly to her email list of 20,000 and hosts an online paid community of over 600 members. She lives in Boulder, Colorado.
What You’ll Learn:
Go from Despair to the Desire for wanting more!
Steps to Why Bother
- Leave Behind- Examine the excuses we make!
- Ease In- Get the fire going. You matter and what you want matters! Take the time to turn towards yourself
- Settle In and Find the Stillness. At our core is peace and well-being. Unless we sit in the stillness we don’t know or hear what we want.
- Desire- Life is speaking to you. Allow yourself to feel that desire
- Become by Doing- You begin to experiment
- Be Seen- Be seen as your whole self
The Oasis Group with Jennifer
Jennifer’s Challenge for the listeners!
Jennifer Louden Website here
Fran and Laura launched Brown Butterfly in 1999. Their goal is to create a line of 100% natural and healthy skincare and bath products that are free from chemicals, synthetic fragrances, parabens, petroleum, etc. using the best organic botanical ingredients available. All Brown Butterfly products are cruelty free and Leaping Bunny Certified.
Brown Butterfly Philosophy
Each item is individually handcrafted using the finest natural ingredients.
Only pure vegetable oils are used. We don’t use synthetic based oils or petroleum. We don’t use animal by-products, nor do we condone the use of testing on animals.
Only pure essential oils (aromatic essences from plants and flowers) are used as fragrances. Pure essential oils are known for their therapeutic qualities in both skincare and emotional wellbeing. This is the healing art known as “Aromatherapy”.
We do not use parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate, petroleum, propylene glycol, DEA, TEA, imidazolidinyl or diazolidinyl urea.
Brown Butterfly products give you a natural and safe alternative that is human and earth friendly. We are Certified by Leaping Bunny as a cruelty free company.
All items are handcrafted in small batches to ensure superior quality control and consistency.
What You’ll Learn:
- How did Fran and Laura come up with the name Brown Butterfly
- What is their top selling product?
- What is the purpose of a complexion oil?
- What type of complexion oils do they make
- They do make a men’s aftershave
- Understanding Rosacea
- How does Fran Calm the Chaos in his life?
- Fran’s challenge to the listene