A Podcast to inspire and motivate women in midlife! Let's Calm the Chaos in our lives so we can go after our purpose and passion!
If you have a story you’d like to share with our listeners, please contact me.
Subscribe Now and Never Miss an Episode!
Deb Johnstone is a professional speaker, writer, transformational coach, stylist, midlife transition mentor, and yoga teacher. She is the founder of Women Reinventing MidLife and Transformational Pathways Australia.
Deb is the creator of her signature program HER Rediscovery and the Women Reinventing MidLife Club. She’s the host of the YouTube channel, WRM TV, and host of the WRM Summit Series where she supports women in the middle phase and beyond to rediscover themselves, build confidence and find new exciting directions.
Deb shares the following
- Her journey and how she hit a turning point in her life with the loss of her father. For Deb, she lost her foundation, sense of identity, confidence, and motivation. Working through the grief process she experienced some “aha moments” and shares those with the listeners. Deb then shares her exploration process and how she rediscovered herself. It was then that she created her Facebook community and then the summits were born!
- As women in midlife, we have wisdom we have gained over the years. How do we utilize that wisdom to grow and possibly help others!
- What was Deb’s biggest lesson from the loss of her father and how that has impacted her life?
- As we nurture others do we run the risk of losing ourselves?
- What is Women Reinventing Midlife? It’s Deb’s group platform where she helps women rediscover who they are now and enable them to gain clarity of direction.
- Deb shares details about the Women Reinventing Midlife Summit and how you can sign up for this free event that starts on July 25th, 2022!
Emee is the Founder of The PAME Code. She is a chartered psychologist with over 20 years of experience in health, community, and positive psychology. Her passion is to help people embrace their true worth, so they can live happy and fulfilling lives. Throughout her academic, coaching, and research career, she has worked closely with individuals and communities to unlock their full potential using simple and easy-to-apply methods for limitless success in life. She is the #1 best-selling author of the “Psychology in Your Life” book series, including titles such as “The Imposter Syndrome Remedy”, “Change Your Life for Good”, and “Fear is Not My Enemy”. She is also now helping aspiring authors fulfill their lifelong ambition to write and publish their own books with her flagship course, “Self-Publishing Made Simple”.
Emee shares with us the following
- How she made a major career pivot after the arrival of her son! How that decision was in alignment with what she wanted to prioritize for not only herself but her child. Great words of wisdom for anyone at a crossroads in life!
- How she started to question her identity and went into a crisis where she was in a cyclone of feeling down, lethargic, and stuck in a cyclone of imposter syndrome and her own identity crisis.
- Emme shares how with the support of people around her she was able to get the help she needed and shares how you can too!
- How one friend reached out during this period of time threw her a lifeline and helped to get Emme the appropriate help.
- It’s OK to accept help when you need it!
- How important it is to make a conscious decision and set the intention that you are going to take the steps to move forward.
- It’s not only important for ourselves but to be a role model to our children that it’s ok to stop and take time for self-care
- It is normal to experience self-doubt when you are trying something new!
Emee’s Tips for Dealing with Imposter Syndrome!
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is that true?
- Is it logical?
- Is it constructive?
Do you have any evidence to support what you are thinking about yourself?
Emee gives a lot of great examples with some specific thoughts one may have while experiencing imposter syndrome!
Emee shares her business, Self Publishing Made Simple! She combines her expertise in psychology and self-publishing to help entrepreneurs to write and self-publish their stories! She has created a community for coaching, community, and support.
The doors will be opening in the first part of July for her group program and you can connect with Emee in the show notes below!
Linda Ward is a Writer and Life Coach living in Minnesota. She specializes in helping mature women find everyday happiness and satisfying life. She zeroes in on life after divorce, retirement transitions, and finding courage no matter what the circumstances. Her inspiring new eBook is called, “Crazy Simple Steps to Feeling Happier. ” Linda’s Professional background is Social Work and Counseling.
Linda shares how she came to write her book: Crazy Simple Steps to Feeling Happier and shares some of her favorites during our discussion! Steps you can implement right now! No purchase necessary ( wink, wink)
During our conversation, Linda shared that it was through her own life circumstances that she found her inner courage. A difficult time where she had to dig deep to find and even surprised herself with how much courage she had in those times and still holds on to today! Now Linda is passionate about helping others to find their inner courage!
Here is what else you will learn from our discussion
- We can often make finding happiness too complicated. It’s really simple! There are simple things you can do each day to lift your mood.
- Parenting adult kids can be agony and the first step is to let go and how you can transition into parenting adult children!
- Courage is needed in everyday life!
- Linda shares how she found her inner courage and how you can too!
Throughout Linda’s experiences she has learned that even if life feels out of control, you can have the inner peace and courage to deal with it!
Jean Atman is a Consciousness Coach and Quantum Healer. Her greatest joy is to spark awakening and facilitate deep level healing in the collective. She has been called to reach beyond her beloved practice and is on a mission to assist in the ascension process on a grander scale.
Jean is passionate about sharing her wisdom, tips, and tools that have proven to be the most effective in influencing her journey as well as for her clients!
What You will learn in our conversation!
- How to stop living on the basement floor and rise to a higher level of vibration! You don’t need to sit and suffer! Rise from the basement to the PENTHOUSE!
- The first step towards raising your vibration!
- Things in the universe are happening FOR us!
- Who are you surrounding yourself with each day? Are you surrounding yourself with others that can help you rise to the next floor?
- You are more powerful than you think!
- What you are resisting is the exact thing you need to sit with right now!
- 2022 is a powerful year for purging and letting go! How do we “uplevel” and drop things off? Letting go of old belief systems, pain, and hurt
- How does our subconscious mind hold all the old belief systems?
Jean shares her group coaching program Limitless she will be launching on June 21st you are pop over to her website and check out!
Cassie Christopher is a Registered Dietitian, Emotional Eating Expert, and owner of Cassie Christopher Health Coaching. She has a Master’s degree in Nutrition and specializes in helping women in midlife and beyond find the Courage to Trust themselves around food. She helps women stop the cycle of all-or-nothing dieting that leads to numbing emotions with food so they can develop a supportive relationship with food, their body, and their health, so they can eat with joy instead of eating to seek joy.
Cassie shares why an “all or nothing” dieting causes women to struggle and that compassion for ourselves is the answer! She has definitely turned her pain and life experiences toward helping others and has created a program to support her community!
In my conversation with Cassie, we explore the following
- Food is not the problem ( and neither are you )
- It’s time to start listening to your body. It will provide you the clues so you can make choices that support you instead of numbing out and restricting your foods!
- How to learn to have courage and trust surrounding food.
- How to “debrief” after a situation where we have lost control or sense of “will power”.
- What you can do instead of stress eating and how to calm your cravings!
- How to jump off the dopamine wagon with certain foods!
The Four Pillars of the Courage and Trust Method
- Calming the Nervous System
- Self Compassion
- Listening to Ourselves
Cassie shares her free resource: You’re Done with Dieting but still want to heal emotional eating” with the Calm the Chaos community! The link to this resource is in the show notes!
Connect with Cassie Christopher
Debbie photo: https://cassiechristopher.net/about-me/#deb
“You’re Done Dieting but Still Want to Heal Emotional Eating”: cassiechristopher.net/free
Courage to Trust Method: https://cassiechristopher.net/courage-to-trust-method/
Book a free Compassionate Clarity Call with me: https://cassiechristopher.as.me/compassionate-clarity
Connect with Deborah Voll
Take The Midlife Quiz
Passion and Purpose Digital Workbook
Our guest today is Sheree Clark, a Midlife Courage Coach who calls her practice Fork in the Road. Sheree says she became a courage coach because she believes “it takes guts to live the second half of your life for you when you’ve lived the first half for everyone else.”
Sheree has written and presented on topics ranging from managing regrets and finding your passion to overcoming career burnout. A serial entrepreneur, Sheree owned a successful advertising agency for over 25 years before pivoting to become a life coach when she was in her 50s. But Sheree didn’t abandon the creativity of the advertising world when she started her coaching practice. She’s well-known for her fun talks and presentations as well as the unique exercises she’s developed to help clients in achieving their goals.
In her personal time, Sheree enjoys spending time in her art deco home which has been featured in a variety of publications. Sheree and her Maine Coon cat Lotus also work on their yoga poses.
Here are some things that Sheree shares with the listeners!
- If you want something different for yourself you can absolutely have it! No matter what anyone else says, including the voice in your head!
- Unhappiness or unmet potential is one area of your life that steals the joy from other areas of your life.
- One thing you need to have in to be able to make changes or shifts in what you really want is courage. Courage can be created, renewed, and even borrowed.
- At any given moment we are all at a Fork in the Road. Sometimes it’s a big decision or smaller choices that are just as important.
- It takes guts to live the second have of your life! Especially when you’ve lived the first half for everyone else.
- Trust the messages you get. They come through to you at any time. Tune in and be present to yourself.